CROESO ! WELCOME ! A warm welcome awaits you and your family from owners, Martin and Kerry Thomas, at their small, quiet family-run touring caravan park and campsite, Talywerydd.
If you are looking for a superb rural location to enjoy a simple 'get away from it all' caravan and camping holiday, then Talywerydd is well worth your consideration. Providing the basic amenities you need, Talywerydd offers reasonably priced caravan and camping overlooking the beautiful west Wales coastline.
West Wales Caravan & Camping, at Talywerydd, has an elevated coastal position and boasts magnificent panoramic seaviews of Cardigan Bay, as well as the the stunning scenery provided by the rolling countryside along the west Wales coastline. During the spring months Talywerydd's sunsets over Cardigan Bay are wonderful!
WHAT CAN TALYWERYDD OFFER YOU ? ...
... A peaceful unspoilt, rural setting to enjoy in itself and to use as a base to explore all that our locality has to offer. We are a small family-run camping site, not a large commercialised site.
We DO NOT have a clubhouse, swimming pool or amusement arcade. We DO NOT have onsite entertainment, bingo nights, etc... If you are looking for those things, then unfortunately, Talywerydd is not the site for you!
If, however, you are looking for a traditional caravan/camping holiday, making your own family fun under canvas or in a caravan,Talywerydd offers you the basic facilities at an affordable price, all set in a beautiful location.
We DO HAVE lots of space onsite for children to play; four nearby beaches to enjoy some seaside fun, kayaking, surfing, body-boarding etc... as well as wonderful coastal walks from which to look out for dolphins, seals, seabirds, butterflies and wild flowers.
Located just under two miles from Penbryn National Trust Beach and the Ceredigion Coastal Path, Talywerydd offers a peaceful rural haven for visitors wishing to escape the stresses of modern-day life, relax and indulge in the slower pace of life and the quieter pursuits that our beautiful part of the Welsh coastline has to offer; rambling, fishing, golfing, idyllic beaches to swim or simply sunbathe. There are plenty of gardens to visit , and a bit further afield are the National Botanical Gardens of Wales, which are less than an hour away; a nearby butterfly house, Cardigan Wildlife Park and nearby Cardigan Island Coastal Park. For the more adventurous amongst you, we have a dry ski slope at the nearby Llangranog Urdd Centre, canoeing, surfing, paintballing, boatrides to watch dolphins...the list goes on!
As well as Penbryn, nearby beaches also include Llangrannog, Tresaith and Aberporth. New Quay is also only 11 miles along the coast. Nearby market towns (within 8 miles) include Newcastle Emlyn and Cardigan.
See our LOCALITY page for a taste of what Ceredigion has to offer.
Talywerydd offers the following facilities to provide the basic essentials guests need on a site to have an enjoyable relaxing break:
- Hard-standing pitches available (booking recommended)
- NEW FOR 2013 ...we have relocated our Campers' Kitchen into the main amenties building. It is fully equipped with a dishwashing area, kettle, toaster and microwave; the use of all these is included in your pitch price . The kitchen is also home to a washing machine, tumble dryer and ironing facilities (small charge for these).
- Shower*/Toilet Block
- Ball-games area and plenty of space for children to
- Small dog-exercise area
- Freezer for icepacks - FREE OF CHARGE
- Chemical Toilet disposal point
- Water taps at convenient locations
- All-night lighting.
- Well maintained fenced grounds.
- Tourist info area.
- 600 yards from award-winning Llwynhelyg Farmshop.(www.llwynhelygfarmshop.co.uk)
- RALLY FIELD AVAILABLE.
* Our showers are 50p coin-metered. This helps to reduce queues when the park is busy and also enables us to keep our pitch prices low. YOU only pay for the water YOU use, as it is not automatically added into your nightly pitch price!